daring bakers tuiles


    This month's challenge is brought to you by Karen of Bake My Day and Zorra of 1x umrehren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from the Chocolate Book by Angelique Schmeink and Nougatine.  I decided to do a sour cherry swirl for the cookie's sidekick.  The light airy vanilla whipped cream is perfect for those tuiles to scoop up.
I was delightfully excited about this months challenge. Tuiles are yet another recipe of the sort that I wouldn't have thought to try.  I love this one, such a simple cookie and so many variations.  I decided to attempt the butterflies hence my title... I thought it would fit, plus they are kind of cute!  
I actually did this challenge early on.  I was just too excited about it!  I'm glad I did cause last week I came down with the flu that was roaming around and let me tell you...  I didn't even want to move!  Many black and white movies later I was finally back to my old self.



Recipe

Yield: 20 small butterflies/ 6 large

65 gr/1/4 cup softened butter
60gr/1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large egg whites (slightly whisked with a fork)
65gr/1/2 cup sifted all purpose flour

Oven: 180c/350F
Using a mixer fitted with a paddle on low speed cream butter, sugar and vanilla to a  paste. Mix gradually add the egg whites, continue to add the flour in small batches and stir till you achieve a smooth paste. Try not to over mix.   Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 mintues.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and chill that in the fridge for around 15 min.  Using a stencil and a off sided spatula to spread batter. Leave some room in between your shapes, spread your batter in a thin even layer.
bake for 5-10min or until edges turn golden brown.  Immediately release from bakingsheet and proceed to bend/shape the cookies, then let cool to harden.
For my Filling a choose a simple vanilla whipped cream with a swirl of sour cherry jam.

Comments

Dewi said…
Hi Ash,
I must admit that your tuiles look so beautiful. I love those dainty butterflies, they are gorgeous. You did it, and you did very well. Bravo!
Cheers,
Elra
wow....hve been looking at quite a few tuiles and must say...urs are the perfect butterfly...all waiting to fly!

my first time here and must say I love this place.
if u can, do stop by my place sometime...wud love to entertain u :)
What pretty butterflies! Perfect and delicate looking!

Cheers,

Rosa
Meeta K. Wolff said…
ash! first time to your blog and love it. you've done a great job for the tuiles. well done!
Just Cook It said…
Beautiful. They look fantastic
Cherie said…
Beautiful butterflies and pics. I've never made tuiles before. I think I will give them a try this weekend. These would also look good on a cake as decorations.
Celeste said…
Gorgeous! I love your butterflies!!!
Chef Chuck said…
Hi Ash, They look nice and light!
Bumblebutton said…
Super pretty floating delicately on a pool of deliciousness. Great job!
Anonymous said…
your tuiles are beautiful :-)!!! and I love your blog too :-)!! XOXO

Popular Posts